Сommemoration of the Heroes of the Heavenly Hundred with participation of the President of Ukraine will take place on Maidan Nezalezhnosti [Independence Square] on February 20, 2015, at 18:30 (Kyiv time, UTC+2).
The program includes:
- Ringing bells of Kyiv churches
- Address of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko
- All-Ukrainian action “Moment of silence – endless memory”
- Lights performance “The Rays of Dignity”
- Performance of the National anthem of Ukraine by the “Dumka” choir
- Recital of a poem “Mother do not cry, I will come back next spring” by Yevhen Nishchuk
- National Symphony Orchestra of Ukraine performs “Requiem” of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Conductors are Volodymyr Sirenko and Yevhen Savchuk for the “Dumka” choir
- “Pikkardiyska Tertsia” sextet performs a song “Plyve kacha”. Ceremony of laying flowers and candles on sites where the Heroes of the Heavenly Hundred were killed
- Laying icon-lamps and flowers to the place of fusillade of the Heavenly Hundred Heroes
Accreditation is held by the Ukrainian Crisis Media Center until February 20, 12:00 by phones: +380 50 157 81 59 and +380 95 832 45 75. Media representatives are invited for 17:00 (entrance from the hotel "Ukraine", alley of the Heavenly Hundred).
The event will be broadcast live on Pershyi Natsionalnyi.
The broadcast in Ukrainian and English will be openly available. Satellite broadcast options:
Astra 4A @ 5.00E
12,669.850 / V